Playing Cockfighting in Several Regions in Indonesia – Cockfighting gambling games are also found in various regions and cockfighting games. Cockfighting or cock fighting is part of a tradition that is deeply embedded in the culture of several regions in Indonesia. Even in some places, this game has also become a symbol of traditional ceremonies held at certain times. this game is known as Tajen which uses knife spurs on the chicken legs. This tajen event is very popular with the Balinese people, especially the men. Even today, the game of pitting the two chickens is still held in several events and there is even an arena that holds this tajen as a gambling arena.
Naming Chickens in Bali
1. Buik, is the name for the rooster whose feathers are colorful
2. Kelau or kelawu, for the rooster with gray hair
3. Bihing or Biying, the name of a rooster with red hair
4. Wangkas, the name for a rooster with white hairy breasts with red wings
5. Brumbun for “fighter” with a combination of red, white, and black fur.
6. Sa, called a chicken with white hair.
7. Ook, the name for a rooster that has a very thick neck condition
8. Crested, is the term for a rooster when it grows feathers (crest) on the head
9. Godek, for chickens with hairy legs.
10. Sangkur, for roosters where their physical condition is without tail feathers.
Naming Chickens In Kalimantan
1. BIRING chicken consists of types of biring sempidan, sengayan, entrokop, sengkubang, tasan, helmet, terrace, joyful, semukan, t Gedung, Bengkarung.
2. FIBER chicken consists of types of serapat jelawat, enculit, kenjuar, adung, adung berandak, berumbun, kapioh, trunk, tuntung menduk, tengkuyung, sempulut, champion, hull ensulit, ensulang, and sparrow object.
3. JELAYAN chickens consist of types of fishermen entukar, manaling, nibung, sparrows, easy, young eyes, old eyes.
4. JALAK chicken consists of types of starlings, tengadak, seturit, freezing, keratau, flies, tengkerasak, talcum powder.
5. IJAN chicken consists of types of Ijan onsulai, entolak, cranks, kapiat.
Chicken BEBARI consists of types of bebari lentapang, kesak, grilled, gegeranjang.
6. BULIT chickens consist of types of bulit kemundang, manual, bruising, mentanggar, champion, jejalak, selakat.
7. KELABU chicken consists of the types of gray board, jeruit, semah, giddy, empulut, busy, pali, empitu, ensulang, entabalang.
8. BANGKAS chicken consists of bangkas lantapang, lelantik, barandak, ensulang.
9. BANDA chicken consists of the type of bandar pipit, tusu.
10. TUTUNG chicken consists of types of tutung kapitu, manday, kembuyan, gemburan.
Also Read: Selected Sprotsbook Online Gambling Games
In the history of this nation, the age of this game is almost as old as the formation of society on the islands of the archipelago. Starting from Sumatra, Java, Bali, to Sulawesi, they have stories about fighting cocks. This culture existed before we were born, and this is the main reason why this game is gaining popularity in Indonesia. Maybe we will know more clearly its history in Indonesia. And this history is basically different for each region or city in Indonesia.